All lessons are taught by a mother/daughter team of state-certified art teachers.
- Beginning Drawing & Watercolor, Mondays (4 to 4:45 PM) Intended for ages 5 to 9. This is a great class for young children who love to draw and would like to strengthen their drawing skills. Each week, we will cover a new drawing topic and students will learn to draw a new "age-approriate" subject.
- Mixed-Media Lessons (Ages 5 to 9) Mondays (5 to 6 PM) We will create a different piece of art during each class using a variety of materials and techniques. During each six-week session, art processes will include drawing, painting, and sculpting. Each lesson will be modified to accommodate all abilities.
- Mixed-Media Lessons (Ages 9 and older) Mondays (6:15 to 7:15) OR Thursdays (4 to 5 PM) During each six-week session, art processes will include drawing, painting, and sculpting. Students will be taught new techniques and be encouraged to incorporate their own style into the art they create.
- Monday lessons begin October 19. Thursday lessons begin October 8th. If your child would like to begin lessons and a session is mid-session, please contact us (email@example.com or 618-267-3205).
Evening Art Class (Single Session)
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
Due to COVID-19 and the need for extra safety precautions, we will have a slightly different format for homeschool classes this fall. Students must commit to attending a 6-week session and attend the same day/time each week. Our classes will be modified to accommodate a wide range of ages, from 5 to 14. Each week, we will cover a different art topic and use a variety of materials/techniques.
Students from different families will not be sharing supplies (we will seat siblings together). All work stations will be spaced 6 feet apart. We encourage our students to wear masks and instructors will be wearing masks at all times. Students will no longer wear studio aprons so we recommend wearing old clothing or bringing a paint shirt/smock (we do a lot of painting!). All surfaces will be sanitized between classes. Students’ temperatures will be taken upon arrival and we ask that all parents sign a COVID-19 safety waiver at the first class. We have moved our classroom to the front room of our studio to provide more ventilation. Parents who prefer to stay during art class will be asked to wait outside the studio or in their vehicles.
If you would like to reserve your child’s spot at one of the time slots below, please register as soon as possible. We will be limiting our class sizes to 8 students.
If the studio is required to close due to COVID-19 during the six-week period, students will have the option to receive take-home art kits (one for each class missed) or studio credit that may be used at a later date.
- Beginning Drawing (4 to 4:45 PM) Art Class Dates
Dates: October 19,26; November 2, 9, 16, 23
- Mixed-Media-Ages 5 to 9 (5:00 to 6:00 PM) Art Class Dates
Dates: October 19, 26; November 2, 9, 16, 23
- Mixed-Media-Ages 9 & older (6:15 to 7:15 PM) Art Class Dates
Dates: Dates: October 19, 26; November 2, 9, 16, 23
- Mixed-Media-Ages 9 & older (4 to 5 PM) Art Class Dates
Dates: Dates: October 8, 15, 22, 29; November 5, 12
If you are registering multiple children, use code 2020TAKE10 to receive $10 off each child's class fee.